What is the Path to Heaven?
What is the Path to heaven?
- You must realize you have sinned against God and are guilty before Him. God says in Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." First we must be honest and admit to ourselves and to God that we have sinned against Him.
- Next, you must know that God has placed a penalty on all who have sinned. Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death." This death refers to two deaths:
- Death of the body that goes to the grave
- Death of the spirit that goes to Hell
- Thirdly, we must know that God still loves us in spite of our sins and wants us to live forever with Him in Heaven. This could only occur if someone else would pay our penalty of Hell, as our substitute. God was the only one who had the power to pay for our sins and to save a man's spirit. So God the Son, Jesus Christ, left Heaven, came into this world, and went to Calvary's Cross to take upon Himself our full penalty. Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- This last point explains what God requires before we can be forgiven and saved from Hell. God says there is nothing that we can do to pay for our own sins and earn Heaven. This is the very reason Christ died for us. God the Father also tells us that if we will place our faith in Christ as our Savior and personally ask the Lord Jesus to forgive and save us, then He will receive us and give to us the gift of eternal life. Romans 6:23b ". . . but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Not through baptism, good works, money, etc.) Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved."
- In summary, if you are willing to receive Christ as your personal Savior, truly trust Him to save your soul and forgive your sins, then this very moment bow your head and pray something like this: "Dear Lord Jesus, this very moment I'm talking to you as my Savior. I ask you to forgive my sins and to save my soul. Dear Jesus, thank you for dying in my place and for saving me. Amen."